Please note that this privacy notice has recently been updated. If you have any questions about the recent changes, please contact email@example.com
VPS247 is a trading name of Evander Glazing and Locks Limited, which is a subsidiary of VPS Holdings Limited (part of the VPS Group).
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us, and we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed by us. VPS Holdings Limited (“VPS” or “VPS247”) has therefore created this privacy notice in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting and respecting your personal data (your “information”). It is intended to provide you with details about how any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. It is therefore also intended to assist you in making informed decisions about your use of our website and our products and services. Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will use and protect it in all of your interactions with VPS247.
1. What information do we collect?
This website is published by SOAK Digital Limited (“SOAK”) on behalf of VPS. Neither VPS nor SOAK (“we”) will collect any information about individuals using this website or our services, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them, or as otherwise explained in this privacy notice. We will collect information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website, or by corresponding with us, whether by phone, email, live chat on the website or otherwise. We will also collect information that you provide when you register to use our website, search for a product, request a quote, place an order on our website, or report a problem with our website.
Examples of the information that you might provide to us are as follows:
· your name
· your home or mobile telephone number
· your email address
· your home address and property type
· payment details (for example direct debit information, credit/debit card number)
There will also be some limited information that we may collect about you ourselves. On each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect standard cookies – please refer to section 6 below of this privacy notice for further information about this.
2. Why we need to collect and use your information
We need to collect your information in order to be able to deliver the services or products you request from us, and fulfil any orders or contracts you place with us. For example, if you visit our VPS247 website and request a quote for a garage door, we need to use your name and email address to send you the quote you have requested. Or, if you are interested in buying windows from VPS247, we will usually need to arrange to visit your property to carry out a survey before we can issue you with a quote. We will therefore need your name and home address, and information about your property.
Once you have placed an order with VPS247, you will receive a warranty for the products or services you have purchased. We also then need to store your information to be able to fulfil the terms of your warranty.
Any other processing of your personal data will either be with your consent (for example, we will only send communications about special offers to customers who tell us they want to receive this) or because we are legally required to process it.
3. How we use your information
The information collected will be used:
· to send you the information you have requested and/or enable us to provide the products, goods or services that you have requested from us;
· to fulfil the terms of any contract with you;
· to notify you about changes to our products, goods or services;
· where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
· to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you; and/or
· to provide information that may be useful to you, if you have consented to this, such as information about the appropriate care for products you have ordered from us, or offers on products we have quoted on previously for you. We may contact you by email, phone or text message. If you do not want us to use your data on this way, or if you want to stop receiving these messages from us, please refer to the “How to opt-out” paragraph at section 11 of this privacy notice.
We do not intend to transfer your information outside of the EU.
We may also use your information to administer our website and for our own internal operational and administrative purposes only, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
4. How long do we keep your information?
We will retain your information for the following time periods:
· if we hold your information for the purposes of an order or contract you have placed with us, we will hold your information for as long as the warranty is in place for the goods or services you ordered from us, and for a reasonable period after the warranty expires, to ensure we can still answer any queries you might have about your warranty;
· if we hold your information for the purposes of a quote or survey we have provided, but you did not ever place an order with us, we will hold your information for a reasonable period after providing the quote or survey (in case you do decide to place an order with us);
· in addition, if we hold your information because you have told us you are happy to receive communications from VPS about our products and services, then we will hold this for a reasonable period of time, and until you tell us you no longer want to receive those communications; and
· if there is any information we hold about you due to a legal or regulatory requirement, we will hold it for as long as we are legally required to do so.
You have various rights in relation to the information we hold about you, including rights to access your information and rights to have it deleted from our systems. Please refer to section 7 for more information about this.
5. Who we share your information with
We take your privacy seriously, and we will only share your data with third parties in limited circumstances. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
By using our website, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· carefully selected suppliers and sub-contractors (for the purposes of performing any contract we enter into with you). We do sometimes use third party suppliers to help us deliver services and fulfil customer orders, however our suppliers are carefully selected and are also fully committed to protecting your information;
· the industry bodies and third parties that will provide you with any applicable warranties, guarantees and after-care advice for the products and services you have purchased, which might include FENSA and/or to enable you to fulfil the requirements of the “competent person scheme” for self-certification under the building regulations;
· external support services (including any IT service providers) for the purposes of providing administrative and technical support to VPS247 only, including with our website, to ensure we can deliver your order and fulfil our contract with you;
· third party payment processors, to collect payments from you pursuant to the terms of our contract with you;
· professional advisers, including auditors and insurers;
· any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, parent companies, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, for the purposes of delivering your order, fulfilling our contract with you, helping us identify services and products that might be of interest to you and conducting customer research; and
· where we are under a duty to do so, in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of VPS and our customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations where we are legally required to do so, for example for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We might also share anonymised, non-personal data (including aggregated statistics and group data) about traffic patterns of our website visitors with partners or other third parties. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any third party advertisers on our website, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a certain postcode area). However, we do not sell or share any information or personal data about individual users or any identifiable individual.
What are cookies?
As with most other commercial websites, our website uses a standard technology called ‘cookies’. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They also save you from re-inputting information when you return to our website.
A ‘cookie’ is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, unless (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. For further information, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes, and to report aggregate information to any third party advertisers on our website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Together with any third party advertisers on our website, we may also use small pieces of code called ‘web beacons’ or ‘clear gifts’ to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
As you browse on our website, the website uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users, in order to make sure you don't see the same content repeatedly, to deliver content specific to your interests, and to help provide you with an excellent user experience.
Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, also allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and to check which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order constantly to improve our website and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
7. Your rights in relation to your information
Your personal data is also protected in the UK by the General Data Protection Regulation (and any implementing legislation and any legislation or regulations that supersede this) (the GDPR). VPS takes its obligations under the GDPR seriously, including the requirement that any personal data we use and process must be collected for a specified and legitimate purpose, must be accurate and kept up to date, and we must ensure the security of your personal data is maintained, including against accidental loss and unauthorised access.
You also have various rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal data, including the following:
· you have rights to access, correct, erase, restrict or object to your personal data being used by VPS;
· you have the right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services;
· you have the right to withdraw your consent to VPS using your personal data; and
· you also have the right to make a complaint with the data protection authority in the UK (the Information Commissioner’s Office - https://ico.org.uk/).
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than one month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
8. Changes to this notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. You should regularly check this notice for updates.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
9. Your consent
By using this website, you consent to our collection and use of your information as described in this privacy notice.
10. How we maintain the security of your information
This website has robust security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
We treat all personal data that we hold with the utmost care and security. Subject to the terms of this notice and any contract that we have in place with you, any details you provide to us or that we store will remain confidential.
The data that we collect from you will be stored on our secure servers. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data once we receive it on our website and servers, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when it is transmitted to our website over the internet, as there are certain matters that will be outside of our control (for example, any viruses that might exist on your computer). The initial transmission of your personal data is therefore at your own risk.
11. How to opt-out
You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data, if we are only processing it because you originally gave us consent to.
We do need to process certain personal data to be able to fulfil any order or contract that you place with VPS247 (including your name, email address, phone number and home address) so please be aware that any opt-out in relation to this data will have an impact on our ability to fulfil your order.
From time to time, we do also send customers information about our products, services and special offers. We only send this to customers who have specifically given their consent to receive these communications, at the point they submit an enquiry on our website. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com or using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us.
Our website may also, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these carefully before you submit any personal data to those websites.
12. Contacting VPS247
If you have any other questions about this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
For questions about VPS247 and our products and services, please contact email@example.com.